Friday, January 29, 2010
Created by the good people at The Cool Hunter, McFancy is an upmarket temporary McDonald’s store that launches at Fashion Weeks around the globe — London, New York, Paris, Milan, Sydney, Hong Kong. McFancy is part art installation, gathering spot and, of course, a restaurant that offers a traditional McDonald’s menu but packaged in a way that makes a playful yet stylish nod to the lifestyle of the highly desirable, influential consumers that attend Fashion Weeks. The McFancy is purely conceptual but not too far off from a near future reality.
Our homies from Dead Dads are a part of this show. The Dead Dads are currently working on a 95 foot finger painting which can be seen off of I-95. There works are pretty edgy so its going to be interesting to see what they put into the show. Oh, and incase you don't know about Manifest Equality, here's a little something something on them:
The Manifest Equality Gallery gathers together a diverse array of hundreds of the nation’s most talented visual artists under one roof to celebrate that role and join with our gay (LGBT) friends, family members and co-workers to demand full and equal rights for all Americans.
The Manifest Equality Gallery, issues an inspiring, visual call-to-action, with hundreds of artists motivating public energy toward true reform on a local, state and national level.
Wednesday, March 3rd, 2010 through Sunday, March 7th, 2010
between the hours of 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM with extended hours Friday - Sunday.
Monday, January 18, 2010
SNAP, a candid photography exhibition which showcases diverse expressions of a group of photographers depicting realistic and surreal images of humanity. Each artists brings forth a personal history from which their skills and developed craft has evolved to relay a message of individuality and unique vision. Images displayed will illustrate a mixture of progressive styles, physical features and objects. SNAP celebrates the freedom of expression and the right to reveal provocative messages of society today.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 15, 2010
7PM TO 12PM
Featuring works by:
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Monday, January 4, 2010
2. Revolutions Per Minute
3. In This World
4. Hip-Hop (Unreleased)
5. Back Again
6. Wishing On A Black Star
7. Just Begun ft. Jay Electronica, J. Cole, & Mos Def
8. Come Around ft. Termanology & Royce da 5′9 (produced by Statik Selektah)
9. Internet Connection
10. Let It Go ft. Dion
11. Testify ft. Styles P
13. The Thrill Is Gone ft. Styles P (produced by Statik Selektah)
14. Can We Go Back The Reflection Eternal Classics:
15. Fortified Live ft. Mos Def & Mr Man
16. Chaos ft Bahamadia
17. The Express
18. Respiration ft. Common & Mos Def
19. Definition ft. Mos Def
20. RE:Defininition ft. Mos Def
21. Move Something
22. Ghetto Afterlife ft Kool G Rap
23. The Blast RMX ft. Erykah Badu
24. Good To You (produced by Kanye West)
25. Get By REMIX ft. Jay-Z, Mos Def, Kanye West, & Busta Rhymes (produced by Kanye west)
26. Back Up Offa Me
27. Piano (Hi Tek ft. Ghostface)
28. Music is Life (Hi Tek ft. Nas)
29. Hang Ups (NEW Reflection Eternal not on album)