Monday, July 21, 2008

Butta Verses "Reality BV" in Stores September 1st!



Fort Lauderdale's own, Butta Verses is set to drop his first major debut album September 1, 2008. The Bronx born emcee has been through some turbulent times in the last five years. From falling out with Maceo (Del La Soul), who first signed Butta only to shelf him after being on the Bear Mountain label for 3 years, to rocking sold out crowds in Europe, Butta Verses has been through more than most people go through there whole lives.

Butta Verses is the first artist to be signed to Culture Kings Music, and his album, which was originally supposed to drop last Winter, has finally been set to release at the beginning of September. The highly anticipated album, "Reality BV", features Joell Ortiz, CL Smooth, A-Butta of Natural Elements, and Kurious, with production by Marco Polo and V.I.C. His first single, "If I Die" featuring Lucian, has been making major waves in the indie hip hop community.


Brian, who is the head of our label, would play new Butta Tracks for me after each studio session. I have never been a fan of being force fed music. As much as I hate people forcing me to hear a new artist or a new track, I enjoyed every track that I heard from Butta, and I am not just saying that because he's on our label! This dude is talented and spits some real shit. There is no fake guise of drug dealing or pistol popping, just real shit that most people will be able to relate to.

No comments: